But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.
- 1 Corinthians 15:57-58
Shrapnel was flying everywhere
HBO’s Band of Brothers TV series shows the 101st Airborne flying into Normandy on June 6, 1944. Things were pretty quiet until they soared over enemy territory. It was then that the skies lit up like a July 4th celebration and the shrapnel was flying everywhere. The planes were tossed around like toys and many lost their lives that eventful day. But many survived and went on to do exploits in setting Europe free from the tyranny of one man.
We all face scary nights
We all face nights when we are being shaken and tossed about. Yes, we face an enemy that seeks to challenge us, shake us, and, if possible, destroy us. I know those who are being shaken in their marriages, in their finances, in their health, kids, reputation, and many other areas. It seems that fear is working overtime to grip us and paralyze our ability to move forward in battle.
He gives us the victory!
Victory is yours. Your victory is sealed and is a done deal. Your victory was secured by a blood-stained cross more than 2,000 years ago. But Isaiah raised the question, “Who has believed our report” (Isaiah 53:1). Where are the men who know, believe, and choose to walk in Jesus’ victory for your life? Remember, “if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed” (John 8:36).
Therefore . . .
The Apostle Paul adds an additional sentence to give us extremely valuable insight to keep us walking in Jesus’ victory. Paul said we need to be steadfast, immovable, always abounding.
- Steadfast speaks of firmness and refers to sitting and making a decision to not move.
- Immovable speaks of that which doesn’t move and being firmly persistent.
- Abounding speaks of an overflow and increase such as a flower growing from bud to full bloom.
Today assignment: Be steadfast, immovable, and abounding
Make a decision today to be stand fast and firmly planted where God has put you and increase in God’s purpose in your life. Don’t allow the shaking that occurs in your life to define your future. Don’t allow the barking of the enemy to cause you to retreat. Don’t allow the winds to blow you off course from your destiny.
- Today you will be steadfast and not retreating.
- Today you will choose to be immovable in your convictions, calling, and purpose.
- Today you have the opportunity to abound in the work of the Lord. Yes, just keep doing the work of the Lord and share His love, purpose, and salvation with those you come in contact with.
The greatest defense is a strong offense. Keep moving forward and watch God’s victory unfold in your life!